Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Don't Forget Your Roots"


"My music had roots which I'd dug up from my own childhood, musical roots buried in the darkest soil."
-Ray Charles

Sometimes I think about the music of the past, Artist like Ray Charles, Billy Preston, Loretta Lynn, and Elvis Costello (just to name a few), and I wonder if music could ever be as great as it once was. It seems that music used to have heart and soul now it is just watered down and everyone is focused on fallowing the trends to get famous, but recently i heard an artist that really caught my attention. Tristen is an artist who has really dug deep down inside and expressed her self in her music. I fell in love with "Charlatans at the Garden Gate" and I hope you fall in love with the music also. Tristen definitely  stayed true to her roots in this album.    


Hostgator promo

No comments:

Post a Comment